August 20, 2013
I’ve been scribbling in my notebook for the past few days, trying to come up with some plot bunnies that would let me get on with my (creative) writing. For the first time in years, I’m pretty determined to write (stories, especially) for myself. Call it a Birthday Resolution, if you will. Of course, I still have this blog to maintain and I do, in fact, intend to maintain.
Let me just first reflect on the deluge that is happening outside. It’s been raining since last weekend. It started on a Saturday because I remember being stranded at the vet with Le Gremlins in tow for five freaking hours before I braved the flood that surrounded the animal hospital. Even if I count myself very fortunate that I live on a concrete hill just above the flood-prone areas, and we – dogs included – have electricity, food, Internet and whatnots, I acknowledge the inconvenience and grief this disaster has caused most people.
Readers – if I have any – I hope you’re safe, warm and cozy in your homes, but let’s be sensitive to those who are in need during these trying times.
Okay, time for something a bit less sad: I was a Rockstar for a night.
Well, my makeup was, atleast. This is the look I wore to the school’s “Rock The B.I.T” acquaintance party last Friday. Classic Rockstar look; smokey eyes, nude lips.
I usually stay away from smokey eyes because if I don’t cover my dark circles enough, I just end up looking bruised around the eyes. But I gambled anyway.
- FOUNDATION: NARS Sheer Glow (Barcelona)
- CONCEALER: Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer — this stuff is made of MAGIC
- SETTING POWDER: Essence Fix & Matte Translucent Powder
- EYE PRIMER: Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow (Birthday Suit) — not in photo
- EYE SHADOW: UD Tease, Inglot (The dark purple/grey shade at the end of the palette), MAC Espresso and Carbon
- EYELINER: Prestige Total Intensity (black)
- EYEBROWS: GOSH Brow Pen
- BLUSH: MAC Blushbaby
- MASCARA: Fairydrops Waterproof Mascara
- LIPS: Lucas Papaw (balm), MAC Yash (lipstick)
Pretty proud of this look, even if it did take me around an hour to do. A special shout out to my newest MAC 217 brush; damn, I’m a convert. And can I just say that when I got home six hours later, this face did not budge. No oil, no smudging. Still, I’m not gonna start to walk around with a dramatic look everyday; that should be for special occasions only.